Harrell Sign Company was founded in 1927 and opened its first sign shop at 115½ Fayetteville Street in Raleigh, North Carolina. The company moved to 13 South Wilmington Street around 1930 and to 312 South Blount Street in 1939.
The first three locations kept the business in the center of downtown Raleigh. In 1947, a new facility was constructed in the "country" (now Raleigh's Five Points area) to allow room for growth.
Harrell Sign Company ceased operations in the Fall of 2018, due to the death of the company owner and president. We are grateful for the many friends and clients that we met in service to our community!
Please click here to see some other pictures from our past. There are many old pictures of Raleigh, especially the downtown area, including neon and painted signs for many old Raleigh businesses.
Links to other Raleigh, NC history websites:
City of Raleigh Museum
NC History Project
National Park Service Guide